This dip is fantastic and served with chocolate and regular graham crackers and easy to make!! I have been asked several times to bring this for dessert. I actually found this on Pinterest and have it pinned under Italian Desserts if you want to check it out that way!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on the link, we will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- 15 oz. Ricotta Cheese strained (see step 1)
- 8 oz. Mascarpone cheese Italian Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar plus more for dusting at the end, if desired
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips keep 2 tbsp min to garnish
- First, you have to strain the Ricotta cheese into a mixing bowl. Cheesecloth works best but paper towels in combination would work too. Twist to squeeze as much of the liquid out as you can. Discard liquid.
- In a mixing bowl using a spatula, blend together the Ricotta and the Mascarpone cheese; smoothing out any lumps as you go. Fold in powdered sugar.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Add half of the whipped cream to Ricotta mixture and fold until combined, then add remaining half until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips, reserving 1 – 2 Tbsp to garnish.
- Serve chilled and topped with remaining chocolate chips, dusted lightly with powdered sugar. Serve with graham crackers, strawberries, whatever!
- This freezes well too so you can make ahead and then thaw in the fridge before serving.