This post contains affiliate links which means that we may receive a small commission if you make a purchase through a link at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
This dip is fantastic and served with chocolate and regular graham crackers and easy to make!! I have been asked several times to bring this for dessert. I actually found this on Pinterest and have it pinned under Italian Desserts if you want to check it out that way!
- 15 oz. Ricotta Cheese strained (see step 1)
- 8 oz. Mascarpone cheese Italian Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar plus more for dusting at the end, if desired
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips keep 2 tbsp min to garnish
- First, you have to strain the Ricotta cheese into a mixing bowl. Cheesecloth works best but paper towels in combination would work too. Twist to squeeze as much of the liquid out as you can. Discard liquid.
- In a mixing bowl using a spatula, blend together the Ricotta and the Mascarpone cheese; smoothing out any lumps as you go. Fold in powdered sugar.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Add half of the whipped cream to Ricotta mixture and fold until combined, then add remaining half until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips, reserving 1 – 2 Tbsp to garnish.
- Serve chilled and topped with remaining chocolate chips, dusted lightly with powdered sugar. Serve with graham crackers, strawberries, whatever!
- This freezes well too so you can make ahead and then thaw in the fridge before serving.