What Information Do We Collect and How Is This Information Used?
1. We may receive and store information that you voluntarily submit through the Website for the purpose of subscribing to the Website to receive newsletters or content upgrades, or for the purpose of leaving comments on blog posts. Examples of information collected for this purpose are your name and email address. This information is only captured when you voluntarily enter or opt-in and enter this information for collection.
2. We may receive and store certain types of usage-related information when you interact with the Website, including but not limited to: Your computer’s IP address and browser information. The information we collect is used to customize the content and/or layout of our page for each individual visitor.
3. This website uses Google Analytics to track statistics regarding our audience and Website traffic. No personally identifiable information is transferred from the Website to Google Analytics. For more information on Google’s Analytics privacy policies, please visit this site.
7. This Website is involved with several affiliate programs, and may at times include affiliate links in blog posts or email newsletters. These links do not incur any extra charge to you, the purchaser, but the owner of this website (Ilene Modica) may be monetarily compensated if you click on these links and/or purchase any items recommended.
Third-Party Use of Personal Information
- Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
- Users may opt out of personalized advertising by visiting www.aboutads.info.
Information that does not identify you personally may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since the browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
Will We Share Personal Information It Collects?
We will not sell, distribute, or reveal users’ email addresses or other personal information without their consent. This does not include third-party partners, such as those listed above.
Deletion or Modification of Personal Information
You can decline to submit personal information at any time. If you decline, we may not be able to continue to provide service to you. You may request deletion of your personal information by sending an email to ouritalianjourney.com (in the subject line- please indicate “Deletion Requested” but in some cases, we may be required to keep your information by law. In such a case, it would no longer be active and would be kept separately in an archive.
Our Italian Journey provides links to other websites and companies. Some of the links on this blog are affiliate links. This means that we may get a paid a small commission if you decide to purchase anything from a company with no additional cost to you. Commissions from affiliate marketing go to pay for the upkeep and hosting of running this website.
Amazon: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Google: This site uses advertisements served by Google Adsense, other advertisers and affiliate links. Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users click here for more information
CJ Affiliate by Conversant: This site uses advertisements served by CJ Affiliate by Conversant
Impact: This site uses advertisements served by Impact
ThriveCart: This site uses advertisements served by ThriveCart
Shareasale: This site uses advertisements served by Shareasale
California Online Privacy Protection Act
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Email – Blog Post Updates with MailChimp
Please view this link to understand MailChimp’s policy on the GDPR new policy for emails and marketing permissions. view policy here
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. We make every effort to keep the information up to date and correct. All opinions expressed in the content of this blog are strictly my own opinions and thoughts.
All text and media on this site are created by Our Italian Journey (Ilene & Gary) unless stated otherwise. We will always give credit due to the author/creator/photographer if the content is not provided by us. All content on this site is copyrighted and may not be used for commercial use without written consent.
Last Edited on 2019-09-23