This post contains affiliate links which means that we may receive a small commission if you make a purchase through a link at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
I have always made my “New York Cheesecake” to my family’s delight, but recently I made this Cannoli Cheesecake and the family went WILD! This will soon be a new favorite in your house too!
** NOTE: You must have a springform pan to make this dessert
Tip: Anytime I make a cheesecake, I leave it in the springform pan while it sits in the refrigerator and only remove the outside spring just prior to serving.
Cannoli CheesecakeCourse: DessertCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Medium
Must have a 9″ spring form pan
Must have a large lasagna-type dish to put a spring form pan in to create a water bath.
1 1/2 cups (325ml) gram cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons (30ml) granulated sugar
1/4 cup (60ml) butter, melted
3 lbs ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons freshly grated orange peel
7 eggs lightly beaten
1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° (175C)
- Wrap all sides and bottom (outside of pan) of a 9″ springform pan securely with a double layer thickness of aluminum foil.
- Combine all of the crust ingredients together and press evenly across the bottom and half up the sides of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes; allow to cool before filling.
- In a large bowl, beat ricotta cheese and granulated sugar until smooth.
- Beat in flour, vanilla, and orange peel.
- Add beaten eggs, one at a time, and blend on low speed only until incorporated (do not overmix).
- Carefully pour into the prepared pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Place in a large baking pan (I use a lasagna-size pan) and add 1 inch of hot water to the pan. (This creates a water bath for the cheesecake to cook; creating a moister cake)
- Bake for 75 minutes or until the center is almost set. Carefully remove the pan from the oven and lift out the springform pan and place it on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil. Run a sharp knife around the edge of the pan to loosen it. Allow to cool for about a 1/2 hour and then put in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Can make this a day ahead and just leave it in the spring pan until ready to serve.
- Garnish with candied oranges or pistachios, if desired.