Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake
Lemon Ricotta CheesecakeCourse: DessertCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Medium
Equipment needed: 9″ spring form pan
For best results, make one day ahead of time.
1 1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers about 45 wafers
1/4 cup butter melted
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 lbs. fresh whole-milk ricotta cheese
2/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs, butter, and lemon zest. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 325° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, stir ricotta with a rubber spatula until it reaches an extremely smooth consistency. Add the sugar and flour to the ricotta, mixing thoroughly.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time. Next add the vanilla, cinnamon, lemon zest, and salt. Mix well. Pour batter into the crust.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 75-90 minutes at 300 degrees until the cake is a light golden color. When it’s ready, the center should be fairly firm, and the point of a sharp knife inserted in the center will come out clean.
- Cool cake on a wire rack. Cover, and chill until serving time.