This recipe is easy and fast. It makes a very impressive dish with little effort!
Servings: 4 people
- 1/4 lb. butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small onions, chopped fine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Italian plum tomatoes, drained (save to use for another recipe!)
- 3/4 - 1 lb. raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 dozen small littleneck clams in shell, rinsed and cleaned
- 2 cans chopped clams, don't drain - use clam juice
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- Few sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- Pinch dry oregano
- 1 lb. vermicelli or thin spaghetti
- Salt and pepper to taste
Melt butter and add oil in large saucepan.
Add onions and garlic and cook about 10 minutes
Add tomatoes and parsley, reduce heat and simmer about 5-minutes
Add shrimp, clams, wine, oregano, salt and pepper
Cover and simmer on low for about 15-minutes. Don't overcook the seafood!
Cook vermicelli according to package directions and strain.
Add to sauce and serve with some crusty bread. Enjoy!
The liquid is not supposed to be thick.
Thank you for your interest in this recipe. If you try it, please let us know your thoughts! We love and appreciate comments on our posts.