Pistachio & Cranberry (or Apricot) Oat Bars
These bars are so delicious and easy to make. Each bar is about 250 calories and 10g of fat but my mantra is…”Moderation.” These are truly amazing and worth a try! It is a staple in our house.
Pistachio and Cranberry Oat Bars
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup regular or quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup shelled dry-roasted pistachio nuts
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup dried cranberries or dried apricots cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Line an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan with foil; extending the foil over pan edges. Lightly coat foil with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, and brown sugar. Stir in butter until mixture comes together. Press 3/4 cup of the oats mixture into bottom of the pan.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, bring condensed milk to boiling. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine coconut, nuts, dates, and cranberries or apricots; add condensed milk to the mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour coconut mixture over oats layer, using a spatula to spread evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining oats mixture over filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on a rack for 5 minutes. Lift foil from pan by edges; cool completely and cut into rectangles.
Recipe credit: BHG uses Apricots; it is my twist to use cranberries.
Share this recipe and let me know what ingredients you used to make yours!