This recipe for pepperoni bread is so easy and it is truly satisfying. Our grandchildren love it! You can make a pizza dough ahead of time (see easy recipe below) or purchase from your neighborhood pizza store. They usually will sell you dough, but truly – it is so easy to make. Another option is to purchase dough at the grocery store. I know Pillsbury has a can of pizza crust in the refrigerated section next to the biscuits and croissants to make it even easier.
This post contains affiliate links. Our Italian Journey will receive a small commission from purchases made through links at no extra cost to you! Thank you for your support!
- 1 1 lb. Ball of pizza dough
- 1/2 lb. American cheese, sliced a little less is alright
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. Pizza seasoning optional
- 8 oz. Pepperoni slices can use large or small circles
- Freshly grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll the dough to about a 14-inch circle
- Lay the slices of American cheese in a single layer
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and Parmiggiano all over
- Add the pepperoni in a single layer followed by the pizza seasoning (optional but good.) If you are looking for additional spice, add a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Tightly roll it like a jelly roll, pinching the seam
- Place the roll seam side down on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Use a small paring knife to make a few slices over the top for the steam to escape.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown
Easy Pizza Dough for Pepperoni Bread or Anytime!
- Dissolve the first 3 ingredients and wait about 2 minutes until yeast “blooms”
- Combine rest and knead until smooth
- Oil a bowl and out in dough, covering with plastic and a towel and put out of drafts
- When doubled in volume, it is ready to use
Here are some other great recipes if you missed them: