Instant Coffee Drink
My stepdaughter, Melanie got this recipe for an easy coffee drink from one of her friends. I love espresso so I was all on board to try it. It is delicious and worth a try!
This post contains affiliate links. Our Italian Journey will receive a small commission from purchases made through links at no extra cost to you! Thank you for your support!
- The recipe calls for two tablespoons espresso instant coffee. One tube of the coffee she purchased was 0.09 ounces (2.6g) and turns out to equal one tablespoon. You would need two packets to make one drink.
- The amount of milk you add would depend on how strong you like your drink. We filled a 16-ounce glass with 8-ounces of milk and some ice. Start here and then decide if you want more or less milk. You can use regular milk or almond milk. Your choice!
The recipe and a quick little video to show you our version. It’s a 1:1 ratio, although I preferred mine with only one tablespoon of sugar.
- 2 tablespoons espresso instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons very hot water
- Empty instant coffee packets into a small bowl
- Add the sugar
- Mix in the very hot water. It does not need to be boiling; stir well
- Use a hand mixer and beat the three ingredients together until it becomes thick and pale in color.NOTE: I have seen videos of people putting the ingredients in a larger bowl and using a whisk to achieve the same consistency
- Add a glass with the amount of milk you would like and a few cubes of ice
- Pour the instant coffee over the milk. If you were serving it, it looks pretty to serve it with the coffee floating on the milk.
- Stir and enjoy!
Leave a comment and let us know if you tried it!