This post contains affiliate links which means that we may receive a small commission if you make a purchase through a link at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
This is a fantastic focaccia Italian sub sandwich recipe to take on the go or for a party. It is so pretty presented in a large round shape and then cut into wedges. You can make the bread a day ahead to make it easier, and just wrap in plastic until ready to assemble. Great served with a side salad!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link, we receive a small percentage of a sale without any cost to you. It is our way of keeping this blog running. Thank you for your support!
- 3 cups bread or all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 cup water heated to 120-130°
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter softened
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves crushed
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 6-10 lettuce leaves
- 4 oz. thinly sliced turkey
- 4 oz. thinly sliced salami
- 4 oz. sliced provolone cheese
- Grease a 12-inch pizza pan or large cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and yeast and stir in hot water, margarine, and egg until dough pulls away from sides of the bowl. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and with greased hands; knead dough for about 5 minutes until smooth, adding additional flour if necessary to reduce stickiness. Cover with plastic wrap and rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased pan and press to edges (I use an inexpensive round pizza pan with a lip on it and just press the dough into the sides). Cover loosely with greased plastic wrap and a cloth towel on top of that. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size; about 30-45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375° and uncover dough. Poke holes in dough with finger or handle of a wooden spoon at about 1″ intervals. Drizzle the olive oil evenly over top and sprinkle with rosemary.
- Bake at 375° degrees for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- When ready to serve, split focaccia in half horizontally. Drizzle half of the dressing on the cut surface of the bottom half. Lay the lettuce leaves, then the turkey, salami, and cheese. Use the other half of the dressing on the top cut slice and put the top on the sandwich to serve.
Let us know what you think and if you like it as much as we do,
why not share this post with a friend!