I have made this dish as a bruschetta topping and also served on pasta.
Equally, both are fantastic.
Key: Must use fresh tarragon! If not available I guess dried would be worth a try.
Did you know that in Italy, arugula is known as “rocket”?
Bruschetta - Shrimp, Tarragon & Arugula
- 1 loaf French bread sliced thin diagonally
- 3 teaspoons about olive oil
- 2 small shallots thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic one chopped and one left whole for bread
- 1 lb. large shrimp peeled and deveined and cut into small pieces
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 6 Roma tomatoes chopped small
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves chopped
- 1 cup arugula chopped
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese room temperature (Italian cream cheese)