This is one of our family favorites! It is not your typical meatloaf. Even the kids like it!
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef or turkey (or combo)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 8oz. can tomato sauce (will need another can for sauce)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 8oz. can tomato sauce (only will use half the can)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients and shape into a loaf and put in an oven proof pan
- Combine “sauce” ingredients and pour over loaf
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes – basting the loaf several times.